Re: Visualisation applications and Octave.

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Visualisation applications and Octave.
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:02:50 -0500

Teemu Ikonen wrote:

On 08/06/04 23:13, Ole Jacob Hagen wrote:
We are still using oset, oget, oplot, oline, osurf,oimage,opatch and so on, but we would really want to use set, get, plot, line, surf, patch instead. This would mean that m-files to the application, which we cannot mention here can also be used within Octave.
So, John...Is it possible to remove the builtin set-command?

Hi,

A few months ago I posted a patch to the maintainers list which allows for
removing all the gnuplot-related code from core Octave, while the interface
remains at least 90% compatible. I promised John to work on the patch a
little more (I had some strange bugs with gnuplot 4.0), but haven't had the
time and interest lately.

Teemu,

What kind of strangeness are you experiencing in 4.0? I've not run 4.0 from any of the binaries, but the CVS version seems to run fine with 4.0.

Dan