mingw buils

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: mingw buils
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:41:43 +0200

I notice that there was a series of postings an a Mingw build around October
2002, after which I find nothing.  Was this ever brought to the stage of a
complete working octave?

The reason that I ask is that the more recently reported problems with a
gcc-3.3 build under Cygwin seem to be associated with Cygwin.dll itself.  I
can confirm the recent report of considerable changes in the time taken by
new/delete between g++ and g++ -mno-cygwin.  I find a factor of 6 and some
60% with malloc/erase.  Even stranger is the factor of 12 for a std::vector
constructor.

Paul T