Re: Crash with inline

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: Crash with inline
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:21:03 +0300

On 15/09/04 16:30, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 15-Sep-2004, Teemu Ikonen <address@hidden> wrote:
> | While trying to achieve lambda-like functionality with inline, I ran into
> | this crasher:
> Please try the following patch.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Now, an obligatory stupid question: Since Octave already seems to have
functions as first-class objects, would it be hard to implement real closures?

I'm not asking for someone to actually do this any time soon, I'd just like
to know.

Also, I'm wondering about the difference between inline functions and user
defined functions defined on the command line with the function keyword.
Inline functions are listed as variables in the who output and can be saved
at least in the octave binary format. Are there any deeper differences? Is
there any way of saving functions defined by the function keyword?

Teemu