Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 15:35:42 -0700

On 6/5/05, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Try the attached version, this time gzipped
> as I seem to be sending this file rather a lot recently...

It works most of the time. But I did manage to get an out of memory error.

$ octave
Octave 2.9.3 Forge 20041116
>> lookfor inverse
[I hit Control-C. It works. But is there any way to prevent it from
spitting out the warnings below?]
warning: help: Texinfo formatting filter exited abnormally
warning: help: raw Texinfo source of help text follows...
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost

>> lookfor matlab
casesen             Provided for compatibility with Matlab, but does nothing.
error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

I noticed that the -all flag can come before or after the search
string. Matlab documents it by putting the -all flag after the search
string, so

Command: lookfor STR -all

instead of

Command: lookfor -all STR

But that doesn't make sense (to me), unless you're into that whole
compatibility thing.