Re: hold on with mixed plot types

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: hold on with mixed plot types
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:54:49 -0700 (PDT)

Using matlab for reference behavior, whenever the hold command is issued, it
freezes the axis type.  So semilogy(x,y) would plot the same data on the same
axes.  semilogy(x,y2) would plot different data on the same (linear) axes.

Also, issuing hold on before a plot is created freezes the axes types as
linear.  If the command sequence semilogy(x,y); hold on; plot(x,y2) is issued,
we get y and y2 plotted on a semilog axis.  But if hold precedes the semilogy
command, we get y and y2 plotted on a linear axis.