Re: Depreciated Functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Depreciated Functions
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:57:58 -0400

On  9-Sep-2005, Bill Denney wrote:

| On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > Yes, I think Octave should avoid using the deprecated functions
| > internally.
|
| I was looking through the other depreciated functions, and one that is not
| depreciated, but that does not fit with the naming of other functions is
| stdnormal_* (* = cdf, inv, pdf, rnd).  Would you like to change the naming
| to stdnorm* instead and move the stdnormal_* versions to depreciated?

The reason for changing the names of these functions was to improve
compatibility.  There doesn't seem to be a stdnorm function in Matlab,
so I'm not sure why we should change the name of the stdnormal_*
functions.  See the following thread:

  http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/bug-octave.2005/msg00845.html