Re: Octave 2.9.4 available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.4 available for ftp
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:04:23 -0500

On 14-Nov-2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

| Which startup files? The empty stub in
| /usr/share/octave/site/m/startup?

Yes.

| The Octave packages in Fedora and RedHat have always installed into the
| temporary tree this way, but if this is the only startup file they are
| missing, I guess it's not a problem unless a user writes a customized
| system-wide startup file.

You won't be missing the startup file because installing the package
puts it back in the "proper" tree (the one selected at configure
time).  It would only be a problem if you installed with a prefix that
was different from the one used at configure time and you failed to
set OCTAVE_HOME before running Octave.