Re: Etiquette question

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Etiquette question
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:07:04 -0500

According to GPL you are supposed to mention when you change the
file.  I haven't been doing so since that information is available
in the CVS logs.  Only problem is that the CVS logs are lost
when John pulls the function into Octave.  Should we start putting
"# $Id$" at the ends of functions in octave-forge?

Personally, I want to know the complete change history so that
when I need the function in a less restrictive environment I know
who to ask to replace the GPL with a free software license.

- Paul