Re: Octave web pages

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Octave web pages
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:08:45 +0100

* John W. Eaton <address@hidden> [2006-01-31 13:59]:

> If we move them to savannah, then we will need to convert to HTML
> only -- the pages that are checked in to CVS can only be HTML.

Where is this restriction stated?  I do read in the FAQ:

http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=Homepage_-_How_do_I_upload_my_homepage.txt

that html files should be uploaded, but I do not see any restriction
about uploading other types of files.

You might consider CVS-adding your m4 files and setting up a Makefile to
generate the html files and CVS-commit everybody.  In this case, the html
files would also be under CVS control.  Updating the web site would be as
simple as editing the m4 sources and typing make.

Converting to CSS can be orthogonal to that, I mean you could still use
your m4 macros with CSS-based web pages.

I am registered at Savannah and could help with this, if you wish.

--
Rafael