Re: Octave GUI 0.4

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Octave GUI 0.4
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:38:19 -0500 (EST)

I just wanted to thank you for doing this.

Bill

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Sebastien Loisel wrote:

I just released version 0.4 of Octave-GUI.

Main new feature is an Octave GUI user's manual. You may read it here:
http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-gui/octave-gui-0.4/html/index.html

I secretly updated 0.3 behind your backs several times yesterday with small
bugfixes, and there are a few more in 0.4.

Bug fixes:
* Main window now better at keeping the focus in the input widget.
* Call octave_exit() before exiting otherwise on some computers it consumes
95% cpu.
* Keep the files tab synced with the cwd.
* A few more bugs I forgot.

Known bugs (help me if you know how to solve them!)
* QDirModel still is causing me problems. It ignores the NoDotAndDotDot
flag.
* I was unable to get the QT assistant configured to work with my HTML help
files. In June 2005, John Vilburn noticed that helpdemo was not part of the
QT distribution (
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt4-preview-feedback/2005-06/thread00304-0.html).
It appears that this is still the case, in disagreement with the QT
documentation.
* If you hit F1 for help, I execute firefox to read the doc. However, in
some situations, you won't be able to close Octave GUI until you've closed
firefox. This appears to be a QProcess feature.

Cheers,

Sébastien Loisel

--
"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the
illiteracy level of our children are appalling."