Octave GUI 0.5

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Octave GUI 0.5
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:46:27 +0100

New release of Octave GUI.

New Features:
* Autoconfiscated (see below)
* New File menu/Files tab semantics. You can no longer open multiple editor on the same file. Doing so brings the existing editor to the front and gives it the focus.

Bug Fixes:
* I forget, but there were some.

Caveat:
I just autoconfiscated Octave GUI, which means that I'm no longer using the QT qmake, and I'm also not really using mkoctfile. Concretely, it means that to build you now do

./configure
make

instead of

qmake
make

Bypassing qmake makes getting compilation options tricky for me, and since this is new it's likely some of you will have trouble building. Well, some of you will have trouble building regardless, but this is an added possibility. If it's having a hard time finding the QT directories, then you can help it with --with-qt-dir=/path/to/Qt-4.1.0. However, if that directory doesn't contain lib/, bin/ and include/, you're in trouble. Please let me know of any such configurations, because I'm going to have to do something to the makefiles to take them into account. For instance, it's not unlikely that distros would stick the Qt-4.1.0/lib/libQtCore.so straight into /usr/local/lib/Qt-4.1.0/libQtCore.so and that would be annoying.

Download at:

http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-gui/

Sebastien Loisel