Re: Octave Workshop 0.8

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.8
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:59:07 +0100

On 2/18/06, Stefan van der Walt <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 01:21:33PM +0100, Sebastien Loisel wrote:
> I just released a new version of Octave Workshop. The new feature is that I've
> indexed the standard GNU Octave documentation and made it available integrally
> in the help system of Octave Workshop.
>
> Aside from http://www.octave.org/doc/index.html, is there anything else that
> should be included in the help menu?

Maybe the categorical index from

http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html

That's a good idea. Can I rely on the overall HTML structure of these pages to not change much over time?

For instance, I currently generate a help index by parsing just <a name="toc..."> and <blockquote> tags from octave_toc.html. The octave forge index is less nice, but I could parse all nav*.html files and build an index from there (I don't think the help viewer understands html frames.)

But if the html is liable to change over time, maybe this isn't the right way?

Cheers,

Sébastien Loisel