Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:54:00 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Sebastien Loisel wrote:

clc doesn't work.

I'm not sure what to do to most of the terminal manipulation functions. And implementation of this means what -- scrolling the scrollbar until only the prompt is on the screen?

A simpler method (that I prefer) would be to just clear everything out of the output window leaving only the prompt. I prefer everything cleared because that makes it simpler to see what happens with the current calculations.

One other potential bug that I thought of (but it would be hard for me to test): Is there a limit to the number of lines in the view window? I.e. will the window just keep growing forever or does it have a buffer limit? If it will keep growing forever, that could be troublesome for long sessions.

The associated feature request for the above would be a preference to set the number of lines to keep in the output window.

Bill

--
From Dumblaws.com:  In Alberta, Canada, if you are released from prison,
it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so