Re: Compiling octave-workshop

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Compiling octave-workshop
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:14:12 -0500

On  1-Mar-2006, Sebastien Loisel wrote:

| > OK, then I suggest that instead of doing things like parsing the
| > output of -v (which is fragile, as the output from -v could change in
| > the future and break your parser), you modify mkoctfile or
| > octave-config to do what you need and submit the changes.
|
| They're not generated?

Yes, they are generated from templates.  Look at octave-config.in and
mkoctfile.in in the top-level source files.  Rules to build them are
in octMakefile:

  octave-config: octave-config.in Makeconf octMakefile
          @$(do-subst-default-vals)
          chmod a+rx $@

  mkoctfile: mkoctfile.in Makeconf octMakefile
          @$(do-subst-config-vals)
          chmod a+rx $@

the do-subst-XXX-vals macros are defined in Makeconf.

| I was looking at the source for mkoctfile. It's not a too big patch, I
| think, except that if I do it, it might be slightly wrong and you'll have to
| fix it.

Submitting a patch would at least tell us precisely what feature(s)
you need.