Re: 2.9.5 and 2.1.73

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 2.9.5 and 2.1.73
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:12:11 -0500

On 16-Mar-2006, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

| >   50_octave-value-list-resize-2.9.dpatch
| >
| > I don't plan to make this change since I think we determined that the
| > problem was due to a compiler bug, and I think that has since been
| > fixed.
|
| This one is already applied to CVS HEAD.

Hmm.  Now I'm confused.  The patch appears to move the body of the
function

  void octave_value_list::resize (octave_idx_type n, const octave_value& val)

from the oct-obj.cc to oct-obj.h, but in my current CVS sources, the
body of the function is in oct-obj.cc file, so it seems the patch has
not been applied.

| There are only for patches for the octave2.1 Debian package:
|
|     50_inferior-octave-resync-dirs
|
| This one is related to the compiler bug problem you mentioned.
|
|     50_octave-value-list-resize-2.1
|     50_octave-mod-bind-m-bs-2.1
|
| These two are not in ss-2-1-63-patches.  I think they should go in.

I think you mean that 50_octave-value-list-resize-2.1 is the one
related to the compiler bug and the other two are not included yet.
OK, I'll just update the .el files in the 2.1.x branch to be the same
as the ones in the 2.9.x branch.