"Calculation aborted by user" message

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: "Calculation aborted by user" message
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:58:38 -0500

On  7-Mar-2006, Keith Goodman wrote:

| When you abort a calculation with Ctrl-c is it possible for Octave to
| print a message such as "Calculation aborted by user"?
|
| Then when you scroll back in your command window, or use diary, you'll
| know what happened.

The place to print a message like that would be in this block in
toplev.c:

      catch (octave_interrupt_exception)
        {
          recover_from_exception ();
          octave_stdout << "\n";
        }

We could allow the message to be set by the user (I think I'd prefer
nothing most of the time).  But instead of just a message, would be it
more useful to allow a user-defined function to be called at this
point?  Or, better yet, just allow you to install some kind of signal
handler?  Hmm.  Choices.  None of this is too important to me, so I
think I will wait for a suitable patch.