Re: regexprep

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: regexprep
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:09:37 +0100

Bill Denney wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, David Bateman wrote:

Thanks Bill,

This was one of the things on my ToDo list. There is a "FIXME" label in regexp.cc about it, that should also be removed when this function is included in otave.

Glad it helps. A quick warning: it's written against the 2.9 regexp, and I've not tested it against the o-f version.

The given function doesn't have two options from matlab: ignorecase (I didn't see a way to do this with regexp, and I didn't want to have unintended consequences by just throwing both the string and the regexp to lower case) and preservecase (this option seemed more like a bug than a feature to me).

Bill

There are two versions of regexp. The version regexpi ignores the case, while regexp should preserve the case I believe...

D.