Re: Missing files in CVS

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Missing files in CVS
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:44:51 -0400

On Apr 6, 2006, at 4:17 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  6-Apr-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| It looks like you forgot to commit randmtzig.{c,h}, randgamma.{c,h},
| randapoisson.{c,h} to liboctave...

Fixed.  BTW, randgamma.{h,c} and randpoisson.{h,c} both just have
"This code is in the public domain" but no other author info.  Who
wrote them?  Paul?  If so, I think we should state that.  Also, we
should use the GPL for these files in Octave (as far as I know, there
should be no problem with doing that if they are actually in the
public domain).

The top half of randp is from Ernst Stadlober's winrand (whose last
name I spelled incorrectly; please change oe to o in your version).
He confirmed that it is public domain.

The last half of randp and randg are from me.  As a work of the
government they are also public domain.  Yes you can list me as
the author of randg.  Authorship is already noted in the comments
of randp.

I don't know of any reason why you would need to, but being public
domain, you can modify the code and put your own license and
copyright on the derived work.  You already include public
domain code such as libcruft/blas.

- Paul