Patches to vte accepted

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Patches to vte accepted
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:05:35 -0400

On 25-Apr-2006, John Swensen wrote:

| I got the patches suggested by jwe (and others previously) fixed up and
| accepted by the libvte maintainers.  They are included in version
| 0.13.

That's good news.  Thanks for following up on this.

| I have made slow, but steady progress on my UI and it should be ready
| for a release soon.  You can see a new screenshot at
|
| http://swenmac.homeip.net:8080/oui.png

What are you doing about threading issues?

It looks like there is already a Python interface. Would it be
possible to make this widget scriptable from Octave as well?  If so,
and given Muthu's gtk bindings for Octave, then it seems to me that it
should be possible to write an IDE for Octave in Octave's own
scripting language.  Granted, it would be fairly tightly bound to gtk
and systems that have threads and ptys, but that covers most systems
these days, just not that pesky oddball thing that comes from Redmond,
WA.