Re: Explanation of Octave operator overloading

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: Re: Explanation of Octave operator overloading
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 10:44:51 +0200

David,

Note that I intend to delete this code in octave-forge now that the code to treat positive definite matrices is in octave itself, so rescuing it and using it as an example in da coda or del segna is probably a good idea. In fact if you are really motivated, rescuing both da coda and del segna, and this code and writing a chapter on oct-files for the octave 3.0 manual might be even better :-)

Whilst I have gone silent on the maintainers list, I am still reading some of the postings. I thought that the reaction to del segna was so underwhelming that I was put off from any further work on it. More importantly, there was an opinion that the API should be improved in such a way as to make oct-files an irrelevance. This was sufficiently persuasive as to stop me in my tracks! If there is any call for it, I am prepared to help prepare a manual entry, in any way that I can.

Best regards

Paul Thomas