Re: find first and last

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: find first and last
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:50:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, John W. Eaton wrote:

Running under gdb can also be helpful.  I think you are forgetting
that arrays in C++ use 0-based indexing, even with liboctave objects.
So if nargin > 1, you can safely access args(0) and args(1), but there
is no guarantee about args(2).

That was it. Thanks. I work on m files too much to remember that. Here is a version that is more efficient, and it should actually be more efficient for any matrix because it will only search the required range.

So, now for find(1:50 > 48) instead of going through 1:50 twice, it will only go through 1:50 once and the second time it will only look at 49 and 50.

Hopefully this doesn't introduce any new bugs.

Bill

--
"If you're so special, why aren't you dead?"  -- The Breeders