Re: MSVC patch: SIGINT catching

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MSVC patch: SIGINT catching
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 20:30:21 +0100

John W. Eaton a écrit :
On  2-Nov-2006, address@hidden wrote:

| Here's a patch that enables CTRL-C handling under MSVC, using the code
| for MinGW.

I applied this patch.  Now the init funtions for MinGW and MSVC are
the same, so maybe the common init code should go in a single
function?

Also, MinGW has

  void
  MINGW_signal_cleanup (void)
  {
    w32_set_quiet_shutdown ();

    w32_raise_final ();
  }

which is called in a few places in src/sighandlers.cc using the
MINGW_SIGNAL_CLEANUP macro that is conditionally defined based on

  #if defined (__WIN32__) && ! defined (_POSIX_VERSION)

in sysdep.h.  So I suppose this is already being used.  For clarity,
it would maybe be better if these common functions had w32/W32 names
instead of MINGW/MSVC names.

Indeed. Do you want me to provide a patch?

Note that after testing the CTRL-C handling code, I cannot say it works well. It sometimes
produces a crash. Indeed, the method (changing the eip) looks quite rude...

Michael.