Re: ocatave proj

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: ocatave proj
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:35:23 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
I haven't looked at the projects list recently so I can't say whether
some of the projects are already done.  If there is something there
that interests you, then please ask about it specifically.  If there
is some collection of functions that you would like to write for
Octave, then please consider contributing them to the Octave Forge
project.  If there are some improvements you think are needed to the
core of Octave itself, then either submit bug reports and patches to
the bugs list, or if the changes are large or invasive, please join
the maintainers list and discuss your ideas there first.  Also, what
you choose to work on is up to you.  We don't assign projects.
While I agree that we should not assign projects, I do think that the projects should be kept up to date-- it seems like a relatively regular occurrence that people ask for projects. People who are wanting to start helping often would like direction in how they can start helping, a jump start into the community.

I, for example, would love help developing the graphics front-end and with assistance with a graphics back-end.

Bill