Re: Questions about the pager

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Questions about the pager
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:35:15 -0500

On 18-Jan-2007, John Swensen wrote:

| I was still interested, and that was the perfect solution.  The rest of
| my code was taken from your previous example on the list a couple of
| months back.  All I had to do was add the fork and subsequent checks for
| child/parent.  Thank you very much.  That was one of the existing bugs
| that made the IDE somewhat unusable.  I will get that checked in as soon
| as possible.

One problem I see with the code I posted is that it unconditionally
detaches the entire program from the terminal in which it is started.
That is a bit unusual, so to get this to function more like a normal
program (ability to suspend/restart/background/foreground/kill from
the terminal) I think more is needed.  I'm not sure exactly what.
Maybe the parent needs to continue running so it can respond to
signals and pass them on to the child.