RE: Octave/Win32 update

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: Octave/Win32 update
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:56:53 +0100

> I would like to request that we not distribute add-ons that replace
> functions that are already found in Octave without at least letting
> the user know that this has happened. If the functions in Octave
> Forge that use the same names as functions that are already in Octave
> are better than the ones in Octave, then we should work to include
> them in the core Octave distribution to eliminate the duplication.

Regarding this, the installer contains a small description of each
package, which is shown when the user moves the mouse over
the package item. This description is automatically extracted from
the DESCRIPTION files, as found in the octave-forge source tree.

To avoid manual work, is it imaginable to put this additional info
(that fact that a package will shadow regular octave functions) in
those DESCRIPTION files?

Michael.