Re: Octave/Win32 update

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave/Win32 update
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:37:34 +0100

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'lapack.lib'

Searching the installation tree yields only the following .lib files:
cruft.lib
octave.lib
octave_fixed.lib
octinterp.lib

So I guess not only lapack.lib is missing but probably also the other libaries
listed as arguments to cc-msvc (fftw3, blas, hdf5, zlib, f2c)

Extrapolating a bit I guess that the header file fftw.h is also missing, since
oct-fftw.h contains a #include <fftw3.h> statement, although I have not yet
tried compiling an oct file containing calls to fft().

Indeed, the package does not contain all these additional files. On the other hand, do you actually need them (at least for simple examples)? Can you try the link command by removing all libs except those present in the system (-loctinterp -loctave -lcruft)?
(I'll try when I get some time)

Michael.