RE: Re: Octave/Win32 update

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: Re: Octave/Win32 update
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:50:49 +0100

>> Core numerical libs
>> - BLAS
>> - LAPACK
>> - FFTW (this one, I didn't recompile, but used the available binary)
>> - HDF5
>
>What no UFSparse or SuiteSparse on that list? In any case it seems like
> it is there as colamd, \\ and the qr functions all seem to work on
> sparsematrices..

Indeed, I forgot them. SuiteSparse is also included: it even contains a
customized CXSparse version, which I ported to C++ using std::complex
type, because MSVC doesn't know about C double _Complex type
(which was mainly renaming .c files to .cpp and replacing "double _Complex"
with "std::complex"). The fact is that SuiteSparse libs are statically linked
into oct-files, so they are less "visible" to the user.

Michael.