image limits

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: image limits
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:55:34 -0600

Here's something for you to think about.  I don't think there is any rush to
resolve this, as gnuplot may tweak behavior on images slightly (hence labeled
experimental in gnuplot's configuration).  But, if one tries (in CVS) image,
the outermost pixels are fractionally displayed by the automatic choice of
limits.  To exaggerate, try

image([4 5 6; 7 8 9; 0 1 2])

The array is 3x3 and the limits are chosen as [1:3], which only covers the
length of two pixels.

Like I say, gnuplot may be adjusted if there is a discussion about any accepted
conventions in the graphics community (i.e., start image at zero, etc.).

Dan