Re: small __uiobject_draw_axes__ bug fix

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: small __uiobject_draw_axes__ bug fix
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:54:12 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 22-Feb-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| Attached is a small patch for a missing newline character between the gnuplot
"s/plot" command and the data.
| | Also, I'm getting a bug where the functions inside __uiobject_draw_axes__.m are not all being installed in memory. The first time a plot command is run, everything is fine. However, the second time: | | octave:2> plot([0:30])
| error: `do_linestyle_command' undefined near line 338 column 12
| error: evaluating assignment expression near line 338, column 10
| error: evaluating switch command near line 243, column 7
| error: evaluating for command near line 239, column 5
| error: evaluating if command near line 29, column 3
| error: called from `__uiobject_draw_axes__' in file
| [snip]
| | and I don't see the do_linestyle_command under "who", but I do see __uiobject_draw_axes__. | | Does this seem like a bug due to a missing "end" somewhere? Or may something else have changed? I've been updating via CVS and there are a lot of changes. I do notice that the plot color is coming out blue (and I'm hunting down that bug), but I want to make sure I'm not chasing some other problem first.

I don't know what is causing that problem for you.  I'm not able to
duplicate it here.

Oh this is strange.  There is more to this.  (And this seems to have just
started happening within the last day.)

I updated CVS and cleared out all the local scripts that you updated.  Things
are fine; can keep rerunning the same plot command.

However, as soon as I make a local copy:

cp -a /usr/local/share/octave/2.9.9+/m/plot/__uiobject_draw_axes__.m .

into a directory that is part of the Octave search path (no alterations to
file), then I get the error messages.

Dan