Re: mesh handles not working?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: mesh handles not working?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:36:25 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On  6-Mar-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| I think that mesh() in CVS isn't working correctly in terms of the
| handles.  It appears the handle from __uiobject_get_handle__.m is
| returning a handle value which is one too high so that every time
| mesh() is called the old surface remains.
| | There may also be another problem inside __uiobject_draw_axes__.m
| with surfaces but I can't get that far to isolate things.
| | Anyway, I think the problem is near lines 106 to 111, but these
| globals with lock and unlock is too much for me to follow at the
| moment.

All the files that use the globals directly are generated
automatically from the corresponding .in files.  But anyway, those are
all going away in favor of managing the properties in C++.  Doing all
of that bookkeeping in the scripting language was a noble experiment,
but I think the "Matlab language" is just not up to the task.

If it weren't so slow.  Just curious why it is slow.  Does it have to do with
cells?  Lock/unlock?

I think the fix is just ot add a call to newplot at the beginning of
mesh.m.

Yes, that fixes things.

BTW, there is a user who submitted to the graphics list about surface plots.
Is there surface plots?  (I know it isn't implemented because I don't see the
proper commands in __uiobject_draw_axes__.m.)  Or is mesh() all there is?

Dan