RE: RE: RE: 2.9.9+ for Windows

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: RE: RE: 2.9.9+ for Windows
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:39:57 +0100

> Except that Octave's fopen should be forcing binary mode on all files
> unless "t" is specified in the fopen flags. If that isn't happening,
> then I think it is a bug.

I traced octave's execution when calling "fopen('filename', 'r')" in
octave. The actual file opening is done around line 437 in file file-io.cc:

FILE *fptr = ::fopen (fname.c_str (), mode.c_str ());

where mode still equals "r". So it looks like the the mode string
given as argument is used internally to open the low-level C FILE*
object. Under Windows, it defaults to text mode. There might be
indeed a bug here.

Michael.