Re: Problem installing octave-forge packages

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Problem installing octave-forge packages
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:07:18 -0400

John W. Eaton wrote:
I have no clue how that can happen.  What compiler/version are you
using?  Have you tried turning off all compiler optimization for
load-save.cc?

jwe

So, I found that a solution to the problem is using the fink GCC 4.2 compiler, rather than the Apple Xcode version of GCC. I have absolutely no idea why this is the case. Just to make sure that was the culprit, I compiled octave again using Apple Xcode tools and it failed again. Since no one else seems to have had this problem (yet!), I am still assuming it is something strange with how I have fink set up, or some other configuration problem on my part.

John Swensen