Re: Defining a latex environment in texinfo

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Defining a latex environment in texinfo
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:48:46 +0200

John W. Eaton skrev:
On 18-Apr-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| As David pointed out a while ago, the manual contains a lot of | DOCSTRING's. I think this is acceptable, but it would be better if | DOCSTRING text was marked more clearly is being the help text of a | function. This marking could be a box around the help text,

Putting a box around the docstring will require that it not break
across pages, which wil probably cause a lot of bad pagebreaks.
You're right. Then perhaps a different font? I don't really care what it is, I just hink it would be nice if you could easily tell help text from the rest of the manual.

| Does anybody here know where I should define new latex environments in | texinfo?

I think your first problem is that Texinfo is processed with TeX, not
LaTeX.
That is indeed a problem! I don't know TeX but I'll give a quick look and see if I can think of something. If not I'll just give up -- it's not that big a deal...

Thanks,
Søren