Re: saveing/loading symbol table of annymous functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: saveing/loading symbol table of annymous functions
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:41:11 -0400

On 14-May-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| In fact the function handle workspace doesn't follow the function
| handles class 17 block. Rather the header has an offset into the file
| where the sub-system workspace is located and all function handle
| workspaces have a field MCOS that is a signature and an offset into the
| sub-system workspace for the workspace of each of the individual
| function handle workspace. There are still some things I don't
| understand in the file format for function handles, but I think I have
| the loading of function handles working correctly for matlab files. I
| think I'd like to see this included in octave and get a little bit of
| feedback on issues people have to try and better understand the format
| to allow saving to work.
|
| The attached patch also includes a load/save for the octave file formats
| for function handles that respects the path to system files, saves the
| anonymous handles workspace, includes load/save in mat-file format for
| inline functions and updates the Ffunctions function to print the
| workspace and be a bit more compatible.

Do you think this change is safe for 2.9.11?  It seems it should be OK
since it just adds new functionality, but I can't easily tell whether
the patch touches much other existing code in a way that could be
risky.  If you agree that it is relatively safe, please check it in.

| + std::string
| + octave_system_path (void)
| + {
| +   return Vsystem_path;
| + }

Maybe this should be a static function in the load_path class?

Thanks,