Re: The way build to .oct file on the MSVC compiled octave 2.9.9+

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: The way build to .oct file on the MSVC compiled octave 2.9.9+
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:37:52 +0200

On 5/28/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear sirs,

I have installed the MSVC compiled octave 2.9.9+.   This Octave runs very faster
than those complied in the cygwin environment.   I really appreciate Mr. Michael
Goffioul who has built this octave and also thank to Mr. David Bateman who has
distributed it in his website.

 In the readme file, if the MSVC is installed, you can make .oct file.  I have
tried it but I could not get success.   I made e-mail communications with Mr.
Michael Goffioul and succeeded in building the oregonator.oct and experienced
its
high performance.
I would like to say here how to make .oct file.

Altough the new binary package is still not finalized (there are still some
glitches), you can try the new release-candidate package available at the
same location where you got the 2.9.9+ binary package. This new version
addresses the mkoctfile problem, so you should be able to type
"mkoctfile myfile.cc" directly from the octave prompt. I'd like to hear if it
works OK now for you.

Michael.