Java/JHandles available for Linux

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Java/JHandles available for Linux
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:25:27 +0200

Hi,

Thanks to David, I'm pleased to announce that the java interface as well as the
java-based graphics backends (AKA jhandles) now run under Linux. You can
see a screenshot here: http://www.geocities.com/sw286000/oplot-gl/snapshot4.png

Both packages are available under CVS on octave-forge and should be part of
the next octave-forge release. Tests under Linux have been made using the Sun
java implementation 1.6 and JOGL 1.1 (latest version available from
Sun web site).

From an installation point of view, you'll need (David, correct me if I'm wrong)
1) jogl.jar and gluegen-rt.jar somewhere in PATH (may be octave bin dir)
2) libjvm.so and JOGL support shared libs somewhere in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Have fun, and big kudos to David.

Michael.