Re: Octave/Win32 new binary package (2.9.12)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave/Win32 new binary package (2.9.12)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:52:41 +0200

On 5/31/07, Arsenio Cesista <address@hidden> wrote:
1.  Installation

There is a prompt for choosing which linear algebra
libraries should be used but there are only two
choices - one for generic and the other for P4 - the
Octave 2.9.9+ installer included one for Pentium M.

I removed them from the installer because they were quite big and didn't
bring a significant improvement compared to ATLAS compiled for P4.
In the end, the idea is to also provide ATLAS compiled for SSE1-only
processors, but I still didn't find the opportunity to produce the DLL.

2.  Plotting

I tried the sombrero function and got this message:

octave.exe:1>sombrero(41)
Could not enable OpenGL pipeline for default config on
screen 0

This message is harmless and has now been removed. You can safely
ignore it. Whether this message appears depends on your graphics card
and the java version (with 1.5, it always appears).

octave.exe:2>

I also tried running one of my old scripts for the
Lorenz equations and got the following messages below:

Could not enable OpenGL pipeline for default config on
screen 0
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
       at
java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown
Source)
[snip]

This is a race condition I should have a look at. Does it also
appear if you call "figure" first to simply create the figure window,
before calling plotting commands?

error: java exception occured
Exception in thread "main"
org.octave.graphics.PropertyException: property not
found - zlabel
       at
org.octave.graphics.PropertySet.set(PropertySet.java:67)

Currently, Z labels are not supported. Avoid using "zlabel".

Michael.