I could not understand the behaviors.

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: I could not understand the behaviors.
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 00:14:15 +0900 (JST)

I experienced two funny things I could not understand.

1.
Cannot clear .oct by clear command

Cygwin build
octave:3> hello
Hello, world!
octave:4> clear hello
octave:5> hello
Hello, world!
octave:6>

MSVC build
octave:2> hello
Hello, world!
octave:3> clear hello
octave:4> hello
Hello, world!
octave:5>
***************************

2.
MSVC-2.9.12-3
At university, I could build .oct file works well using
mkoctfile.m
However at home I could not build .oct file works well
using mkoktfile.m

(University :  A desktop computer with HT-p4 3.4 GHz. I do
not know in detail because it was built my students
Home dell inspiron I6000 celeron-M 1.3GHz)

octave:2> mkoctfile Hello.cc
Hello.cc
   Creating library Hello.lib and object Hello.exp
octave:3> hello
error: `hello' undefined near line 3 column 1
octave:

cc-msvc -shared -g  -o hello.oct  hello.o
-LC:\Programs\Octave2.9.12-3\lib\octave-2.9.12 -loctinterp
-loctave  -lcruft
LINK : hello.oct not found or not built by the last
incremental link; performing full link
   Creating library hello.lib and object hello.exp

E:\backtatsu070514\program\Octave\test>exit
ans = 0
octave:2> hello
Hello, world!

Link only three files worked well.
I confirmed both the P4 sse2 and the generic version.

T. Matsuoka

Start Yahoo! Auction now! Check out the cool campaign
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/auction/