First port of Qhull/goemetry functions from octave-forge

From: David Bateman
Subject: First port of Qhull/goemetry functions from octave-forge
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:57:05 +0200

Find attached my first attempt at porting the geometry functions based
on Qhull to octave. This is incomplete and should probably not be
considered for inclusion yet, but I wanted to send it as I'll be away on
holidays from this weekend for several weeks, and so others might either
comment or improve this patch..

Things I changed while porting this code include

* Style changes to more closely meet the Octave coding style
* Some texinfo help string fixes
* Changes in the configure process to use the existing Octave mechanisms
to pass configuration information
* Some attempt to use octave_idx_type rather than int where appropriate,
though as Qhull uses int, I'm un sure that this will mean that the code
will be 64 bit safe.
* Inclusion of the triplot and trimesh functions

Things that remain to be done for this patch are

* Fix the non working trimesh function
* Adapt voronoi.m so that it returns the diagram with the segments of
the diagram with one end point at infinity.
* Further testing against matlab for compatibility.
* Write the documentation including further examples

If no one does anything with this patch over the next few weeks, I'll
pick it up and complete it on my return :-)

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * configure.in: Probe for the use of Qhull.
        * aclocal.m4 (AC_CHECK_QHULL_VERSION): Macro to check whether
        Qhull needs a version number.
        * Makeconf.in: Add QHULL_LIBS.

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * interpreter/geometry.txi: Document new functions.
        * interpreter/octave.texi: Update indexing of geometry items.

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * geometry/convhull.m, geometry/delaunay3.m,
        geometry/delaunay.m, geometry/griddata.m,
        geometry/delaunay3.m, geometry/voronoi.m,
        geometry/voronoin.m: New functions ported from octave-forge.
        * geometry/trimesh.m, geometry/triplot.m: New functions.
        * geometry/Makefile.in (SOURCES): Add functions above.
        * configure.in (AC_CONFIG_FILES): Add new file geometry/Makefile.

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * DLD-FUNCTIONS/delaunayn.cc, DLD-FUNCTIONS/convhulln.cc,
        DLD-FUNCTIONS/tsearch.cc, DLD-FUNCTIONS/__voronoi__.cc: New
        functions ported from octave-forge.
        * Makefile.in: Add specific build targets for delanayn.cc,
        convhulln.cc and __voronoi__.cc to link to Qhull.
        (DLD_SRC): Add new functions.
        (OCTAVE_LIBS): Add QHULL_LIBS