Re: MacOSX: ismac() implementation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: MacOSX: ismac() implementation
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:29:03 -0400

I'm not sure whether these simplistic functions like isunix, ispc, and
ismac are really all that useful, particularly on systems like OS X or
Windows+Cygwin where the lines are blurred.  Never mind that "PC" is
just a strange and vague identifier that really has nothing to do with
the question that is probably really intended ("is this system running
some version of Windows?").

In any case, will someone who has access to Matlab on an OS X system
tell us what Matlab's isunix and ismac functions return (I'm assuming
ispc returns false)?

Thanks,