Re: GPLv3

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: GPLv3
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:38:29 +0200

Am Freitag, den 14.09.2007, 11:26 -0400 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> On 14-Sep-2007, Thomas Weber wrote:
>
> | I just looked trough the differenent License files in suitesparse and
> | they all seem to be GPL or LGPL, but all with "or any later
> | version"-option.
>
> Where do you see that statement?

In the License.txt files (sometimes also just License without .txt)

wget
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/SuiteSparse/SuiteSparse-3.0.0.tar.gz
tar -xvzf SuiteSparse-3.0.0.tar.gz
cd SuiteSparse/
grep later $(find -name "License*")

For example, in CHOLMOD/Partition/License.txt:

Note that this license is for the CHOLMOD/Partition module only.
All CHOLMOD modules are licensed separately.

This Module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

        Thomas