Re: Metis

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Metis
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:25:48 +0900 (JST)

--- David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> I'd be against that, as I feel it should be possible to build with
> METIS. In fact it might not even be possible to know if cholmod was
> built with METIS (at least not easily) if libcholmod.so is linked to
> libmetis.so.
In my mind, I also think it should be possible to build with METIS.

> Sure a message saying that at the end of the configure step makes
> sense.. Though it might be difficult to implement it correctly..

As jwe suggested, it would be possible to erase METIS check.
I think at least that it should be erased.
The documents or something like that to warn that the cholmod library without
metis is
requested to link with the Octave from the GPL license.
An introduction document in which the way to build the cholmod library without
metis is described is
desirable.

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/