Changes in parser for debugging compatibility

From: John Swensen
Subject: Changes in parser for debugging compatibility
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:14:14 -0500

I a quite unfamiliar with how the parser works, so forgive my ignorance. However, I do want to start working more on making the CLI debugging interface compatible and am wondering how this might affect the parser. Currently, the functions for debugging (dbstop, dbclear, etc) are functions that accept parameter lists like you would expect a function to do. However, in Matlab they allow syntax of the form:
dbstop in name_of_function
or
dbstop in name_of_function at 10
etc., etc.

Is the interpreter already set up to allow function calls like this? If so how? It looks like there was a light discussion concerning this back in 2004 (see http://www.nabble.com/Multi-line-commands-in-debug-mode-to9230910.html) , but I'm not sure if anything was decided.

John Swensen