Re: CVS build error with new sort

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: CVS build error with new sort
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:29:14 -0500

On Feb 12, 2008, at 3:45 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

Hmm.  I don't think the explicit instantiations in this file should
actually be needed.  I committed the following change.  If you update,
does it work now, or do you still see multiple definitions for some
symbols?

Thanks,

jwe

That fixed some of them. I don't get the same error now, but I still get a linker error when linking liboctave.dylib

ld: duplicate symbol Array<long long>::ArrayRep::length() constin pic/ Array-so.o and pic/Array-i.o

I didn't include the nm output, grepping for ArrayRep, because it is very, very long.

Let me know if seeing it will help you figure out where this one is doubly-defined.

John Swensen