run-octave on the cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: run-octave on the cygwin
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:31:13 +0900 (JST)

Hello

> run-octave should work in cygwin
> if you comment the LD_PRELOAD definition.
>
> # LD_PRELOAD="$liboctinterp $liboctave $libcruft" \
>
> at least in this way I can run the full
> test suite before packaging

Thakns. It worked.
I have been tested after install at ..../test by executeing fntests.m from the
octave prompt.
I can do it by make check

However, in case of octave-3.0.0+, run-octave is running in the make to make
images at sparseimages
etc. at that time run-octave is run
Then make stops at run-octave run.

Hi, John, is it enough to comment out run-octave.in before configure for cygwin.
If it is possible to detect  cygwin in shell command I can consider the patch.

>http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin/octave/

Oh! you have already prepared the binaries in the cygwin distribution style.
It is a good news!!!

Do you use an original gcc?
How about the speed?
In my experience of octave 2.1.7x, the speed of the binary depends on version
of cygwin1.dll for sjlj
case.

Anyway I am glad to see your working on the cygwin.

Thanks

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/