Re: SuiteSparse static/dynamic libraries

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: SuiteSparse static/dynamic libraries
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:56:04 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I reccomend you to read config.log once.
You can see how octave finds that related denpencies work or not.
In case of failure, it gives us useful information.

See following example.
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-April/006969.html

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2008, at 7:39 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> > On  8-Apr-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:
> >
> > | If the SuiteSparse package were modified to produce dynamic
> > libraries
> > | instead, would Octave find them, or does it look specifically for
> > the
> > | static ones?
> >
> > What do you mean by "would Octave find them?"  Do you mean would the
> > configure script find them?
>
> Yes
>
> > The configure script doesn't go looking for files to find
> > libraries.  It only
> > runs the compiler to see whether compiling and linking succeeds.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. I've never dove into how configure scripts
> work.
>
> Ben

GANBARE! NIPPON! Win your ticket to Olympic Games 2008.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/