Re: HTML documentation - one file per function

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: HTML documentation - one file per function
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:05:48 -0400

On May 3, 2008, at 12:06 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

lør, 03 05 2008 kl. 11:54 -0400, skrev John Swensen:
Is there a way to process the docstrings so as to create one file per
function?  I have started work on OctaveDE again and want to make a
help browser.  I can simply use the existing HTML documentation, but
would prefer to have it in the format of one HTML file per function.
I would then try to work in cross referencing and the like.  Has
someone already done this before?

You mean like the Function Reference at the Octave-Forge web site,
http://octave.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html ?

Søren

As a follow-on question, who is the wizard who wrote the code to parse all the DOCSTRINGS for Octave and Octave-forge into this HTML format? Do you know if there is way to convert the texinfo stuff to docbook? This would make the creation of the help browser with search capabilities infinitely easier.

John