Qt-based plotter.

From: Maciej Gajewski
Subject: Qt-based plotter.
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:01:23 +0200

Hello everyone.

I'm currently working on Qt-based plotter for octave. It's based on
OctPlot (ver 0.4.0) - almost all .m files and IPC are re-used.
This is early announcement: qoplot i not only work-in-progress, it's
work-just-started :)

It differs from OctPlot in following:
- uses Qt as toolkit, with all it's advanced features,
- looks better,
- doesn't use OpenGL commands for painting,
- have slightly different architecture,
- doesn't use ghostscript for printing,
- doesn't use autoconf.

I'm working on this for few days, and I've already reproduced most of
OctPlot functionality with half of the code (5k lines vs 12k lines),
mostly thanks to Qt.

Current features:
- support for following graphics objects: figure, axes, text, line,
patch, image, legend.
- support for basic 2D plotting. All plotting command supported by
OctPlor, minus: bar,hist (in progress), plus: image
- printing to PDF, PS, JPG, PNG, SVG

Planned features for 0.1 release

- more complete support for basic 2D plotting,
- basic support for UI controls.
- sane build system

Project page is here: http://code.google.com/p/qoplot/
there you can find how to grab code from SVN.

I'll send another message when project get's to usable state.

Maciek Gajewski