Matlab compliance

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Matlab compliance
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:06:16 -0700

John,

I have read some of the threads about "doing it the
Matlab way."  There are obvious cases where the
Matlab way is not what would be chosen on technical
or "good sense" grounds.

Have you thought about a "Matlab_mode" setting
so that users could run in Matlab compliant mode or
a mode that is accepted as better practice?  This could
be a vector of settings to allow "picking and choosing."

You may have already decided about this. But, since
I have not seen it mentioned, I am mentioning it now
in the hope that it will get some review and a decision.

Best,
Michael