Sharing the savannah hg archive (was: Re: Savannah server unreliable?)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Sharing the savannah hg archive (was: Re: Savannah server unreliable?)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:26:36 -0400

The savannah site also allows pushing via ssh if you are a member of
the Octave project on Savannah (that part of the hg setup on savannah
seems to be more reliable, and was working for me even when the public
http access was not).  Perhaps it is time to allow multiple users to
push to the public archive on savannah?  That would maybe streamline
the installation of patches?  However, if we do this, I think we need
some ground rules about who can push without approval, how ChangeLog
entries should be handled (or even whether we should continue to use
them), etc.

Comments?